Holly Willoughby’s This Morning absence was down to her children having a coronavirus scare.
The 39-year-old presenter was mysteriously missing from episodes this week leaving Phillip Schofield to host with stand-ins Alison Hammond and Davina McCall.
No reason was given for Holly’s seemingly last minute withdrawal from the ITV day time show leaving regular viewers confused.
Holly has now revealed that two of her three children became unwell and had to be tested for Covid-19.
The presenter shares children Harry, 11, Belle, nine, and Chester, five, with producer husband Dan Baldwin.
Holly was also tested despite showing no symptoms.
Speaking out about her family’s health scare on social media Holly said in a statement: “Just wanted to say thank you for all your kind messages….
“Over the last few days two of our children were unwell and had symptoms of COVID. In line with government guidelines we were waiting for the results of the tests before I could return to work, couple that with just wanting to look after two poorly children, it meant having two days away from This Morning.
“I chose not to alert everyone to this because my focus was looking after them.
“Thankfully, all tests came back negative and everybody’s feeling much better.”
The family are said to have been given the all-clear on Friday night, reports the paper, leaving Holly free to return to her day job in the studio next week.
“See you on Monday!” Holly added in her post, “Once again thanks for all the lovely messages…”
On Wednesday, viewers had been surprised to see Alison Hammond in the studio with Phil.
The switch-up prompted many fans to speculate as to Holly’s whereabouts.
Then when Davina joined Phil on Thursday viewers grew even more suspicious.
“Still no Holly then? Curiouser and curiouser. What’s the craic with holly then?”
On Friday husband and wife duo Eamonn Holmes and Ruth Langsford fronted the award-winning show as usual.
It comes after Holly and her family were forced to leave their holiday to Portugal early this year in order to isolate so she could be back ready to host the ITV show in September.
The family had planned to spend seven weeks at the luxurious Quinta do Lago resort, which offers private villas with pools for a relaxing break in the sunshine.
However, they were forced to shave two weeks off the summer holiday when travel restrictions changed at the last minute.
We’ll be bringing you the latest updates on this breaking celebrity news story.
For the latest news and breaking news visit Mirror.co.uk/3am.
Get all the big headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.
Follow us on Twitter @DailyMirror – the official Daily Mirror & Mirror Online Twitter account – real news in real time.
We’re also on Facebook /dailymirror – your news, features, videos and pictures throughout the day from the Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror and Mirror Online.