November 29, 2020

Michelle Mone marries billionaire fiancé after postponing wedding amid pandemic


Michelle Mone was finally able to walk down the aisle after having to postpone her wedding to billionaire fiancé Doug Barrowman three times amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The bra tycoon, 49, looked sensational on her special day as the pair exchanged vows in a seemingly budgetless ceremony on the Isle of Man.

The nuptials proved to be even more special after the couple was forced to postpone the wedding a whopping three times during the pandemic this year, making planning a stressful affair.

However it all seemed to work out for them in the end, as the newlyweds looked sensational in images shared from the exclusive celebration.



Michelle looked sensational on her wedding day

Taking to Instagram to share snaps from their wedding day, Michelle – who shares three kids with ex-husband Michael Mone – oozed glamour in a stunning white lace gown.

Designed by Suzanne Neville, the dress boasted a long train and veil which complemented Michelle’s enviable curves.

The decision to relocate their ceremony to the Isle of Man came after restrictions were lifted due to the low rate.

This means the pair were able to have a lavish ceremony without having to put a cap on the amount of guests they could have.



The pair were forced to postpone their wedding three times amid the pandemic

Michelle, said to be worth around £20m, had planned her big day with her billionaire fiancé perfectly – then disaster struck.

The pandemic threw a spanner in the works for the pair, forcing them to shelve the whole thing indefinitely.

Mega rich Doug, 53, popped the question just months after they launched a new Bitcoin-esque virtual currency in February last year.

A lavish honeymoon in Singapore and Bali was also planned, however that too was thrown into chaos.



Michelle and Doug relocated their wedding to the Isle of Man

Taking to Instagram in September, Michelle shared a sweet snap of herself with Doug as she announced her decision to postpone her wedding for the third time.

With a heavy heart, she penned: “With the announcement of new COVID restrictions in the UK, we’ve come to the difficult decision to cancel our wedding for the 3rd time.

“It’s a little bit frustrating that you can walk into a restaurant and have dinner surrounded by a room full of people, but you can’t have more than 15 attendees at a wedding – including myself, Doug and the Bishop, violinist, photographer etc.”



Michelle kept fans updated with her wedding planning drama amid the pandemic

She went on: “We couldn’t possibly choose between which family members to invite never mind friends. We might just get married with no guests present.

“I understand that there is a greater concern at the heart of all of this, but considering it’s the 3rd time we’ve had to cancel, it’s difficult not to feel a little bit gutted. That said, there’s a key learning to take from the situation.

“Be grateful for what you do have; don’t dwell on what you don’t – or can’t – have. Things can change in an instant and there are too many blessings in each of our lives to spend each day wishing time away! Stay safe, everyone x.”

Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at webcelebs@trinitymirror.com or call us direct 0207 29 33033





Source link

Celebrity Gossip ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *